iTunes is a music lover’s paradise, and definitely a must-have.
It has entertained users for a good part of the last 2 decades and this has led to a loyal user base that continues to grow with time. It is the default media player in the MacOS and also acts as the gateway to the iTunes Market.
Today we will be looking at how to rename iTunes Library files on your Windows 10 computer system/laptop.
Method # 1: Use Easy File Renamer
If you have thought about using an automated solution to rename iTunes Library, you have definitely made the right choice. The logic behind this is absolute common sense, automated solutions are more accurate and swift. Download Easy File Renamer, an industry renowned software and make good use of its renaming features to go about your required task without any fuss.
Before we proceed ahead, make sure that you have set iTunes to allow other applications to access its Library. Here is how you do it: Go to Edit | Preferences | Advanced and simply select the checkbox for Share iTunes Library XML with other applications.
- Launch Easy File Renamer and select the Music Fixer tab.
- Now click on Load from iTunes and select the iTunes Library through the wizard that will open up.
- Once the songs have been loaded from the iTunes Library, renaming them through the in-house features of Easy File Renamer shan’t be an issue.
Method # 2: Rename the Default Library
iTunes makes use of its default music library (like all other music programs) to play and maintain all the media files associated with it. This file is located at C:\Users\%username%\Music\iTunes (assuming that Windows 10 has been installed in C Drive). However, renaming this file isn’t as straightforward as renaming any other file in Windows, therefore the user has to do so via the Preferences menu in the iTunes user interface.
- Launch iTunes and click the Edit menu.
- Now go all the way to the bottom of the menu and select Preferences.
- Finally, type in the desired name in the Library Name textbox, click OK and you’re done.
Method # 3: Rename Additional Libraries
This solution is actually quite a novel one. Here is how:
- Simply search for iTunes in the start menu.
- Click iTunes from the Search Results while pressing the Shift key. Don’t release the Shift key until you see the Choose iTunes Library menu.
- Now simply choose between Choose library or Create new library. In any case, you can simply follow the last solution to rename the libraries easily.