Sprint/ Android phones sometimes display error code 67. It comes as a pop-up message. It appears after receiving a text message from VM or while establishing a wireless data connection. The error message is given below:
“Unable to establish wireless data connection. Please select Update Profile to correct this problem. If the problem persists, please contact the phone company.”
1. Resolve Connectivity Issues
2. Restart the Phone
3. Perform System Update
4. Use HBoot Recovery
5. Pull and Insert the Battery
6. Change your MSID
7. Change Network Settings
Resolve Connectivity Issues
You may experience Sprint Devices / Android problem due to network connectivity issue. Contact your service provider company, register a new complaint and they’ll resolve the problem for you.
Restart the Phone
Sometime merely restarting the phone solves your problem. Close all apps, switch off and restart it to get the problem solved.
Perform System Update
System Update is a process of getting the latest software, profile and firmware updates. Update all these elements.
1. Go to Menu, tap Settings from the main screen.
2. Tap About Phone | System Updates | Update Profile.
Note: For completing the process successfully, you must be under Sprint coverage.
1. Go to Menu, tap Settings.
2. Scroll down the window.
3. Tap Update PRL.
4. You’ll be asked to confirm. Tap OK.
Use HBoot Recovery
HBoot Recovery software will help recovering your Sprint Devices / Android to an earlier state.
Pull and Insert the Battery
Solve error code 67 by pulling out and inserting the battery again. First switch off your phone, pull out the battery, clean it and insert it again.
Change your MSID
You need to replace current MSID. Get the accurate MSID from your service provider and enter it into your phone settings.
1. Contact Virgin Mobile and ask MSID. You’ll have to replace the original MSID with that provided by the company.
2. Type ##847446# and tap Edit.
3. Tap Cell Phone | OK | MSID.
4. Replace the specified numbers with those provided by Virgin Mobile and tap Done.
5. After completion you’ll have to reboot your device in order to save and update the new changes. You’ll not experience the said problem again.
Change Network Settings
Change your Wi-Fi Network Settings in the following manner. There are chances that the network settings are not properly configured. Disable Wi-Fi and turn on Wireless Internet. Here are the steps to do so:
1. Go to Menu.
2. Tap Settings | Wi-Fi.
3. Turn off Wi-Fi and choose a Wireless Internet to fix error code 67.