Android Error 923 is Google Play download error. The error hinders you while downloading something online particularly from Google Play market. Users often experience this error due to insufficient space in their device cache but some other causes can also influence your android device to show above error message.
People are tired of receiving above error and rush to Google for solutions. This article shall give you some useful solutions to get rid of android error 923.
Follow the below mentioned workarounds.
1. Disable Apps running in background
2. Clear all data to create sufficient space
3. Update your Android firmware
4. Use WiFi connection for downloads
5. Reset your device to factory settings
Disable Apps running in background:
Apps running in background force your device to show error 923. You are required to disable Apps running in background to avoid this problem. Follow the steps given below to do so:
· Go to Settings and then Select Apps
· There are three tabs – On SD Card, Running and All | Select All
· There you can see all installed Apps | Select each App you want to Disable
· When you select an App you will see two options Force Stop and Disable
· Tap Disable | You will see a confirmation notification | Click Ok to continue
· Now you can see that the selected App has been disabled and pushed to the end of list. You can enable that disabled App by repeating the above process and then selecting Enable.
Clear all data to create sufficient space:
Another cause that can hinder you from downloading is insufficient space. Clear all data to create sufficient space and to avoid Android error 923.
Follow the procedure given below to do so:
· Click Settings | Go to Applications and then Manage Applications
· Select Google Play Store and then click Clear Data
· Go back to All | Select Market Updater and then click Clear Data
· Go back to All | Select Google Service Framework and then click Clear Data
· You are done!
Update your Android firmware:
Update your Android firmware if above solutions does not work. This shall resolve download problem. Follow the procedure given below to do so:
· Open your Android device
· Go to App drawer and select Settings
· Select About Phone and then tap to Software updates
· Now select Update
· Be patient because update process will take some time
· Restart your device after update completes
· You are done! Now try downloading App from Google Play store
Use WiFi connection for downloads:
It is wise to use WiFi connection for downloads. There are number of users who receive error 923 on their Android devices while downloading and they have resolved the problem by using WiFi connection.
Reset your device to factory settings:
Chances are that error 923 is occurring due to problem in your device. In this situation, you need to reset your device to factory settings. Follow the steps given below to do so:
· Go to menu button at main screen
· Click Menu button and then Settings
· Go to Personal data section and choose Factory data reset
· Now select Reset Phone and then select Erase everything
· The device shall restart
· Now your device has been reset to factory default settings
· Hopefully this will resolve Android error 923
Note: Do take backup before resetting your device. A reset to factory settings will erase all data stored in your device. Best way to backup your data is storing it to external memory.